Merry Christmas lovelies!!! I am so excited to share with you all our Christmas family photos we had done by Christina Knightley. She did a fabulous job, capturing my little squad’s quirks, goofs, and love we have for each other. I’m linking her photography Facebook page for you all to check out.
It was a chilly, chilly Sunday when we took these photos and the kids were troopers. It helped that I fed them right before the shoot with McDonald’s (mom guilt). I also may have bribed them with a cupcake afterwards, made by Grandma.
We took these shots in Mount Vernon, and I love the casual city look it created. The waterfront area was actually a place I had been dreaming of doing a shoot at.
I thought it might be fun to share with you all what the kids and I have been up to this Christmas Season. Here’s some little memories thus far:
- I conquered my fear and went to get a Christmas tree with just the kids and I. Every time I do something by myself, it’s another confidence boost, like yes, I CAN! I was NOT brave enough to cut one down by myself though. Maybe next year HA, if I have 5 hours to spare. Ya’ll seen my tiny arm muscle?
- I bought this new Christmas cd by one of my favorite artist, Josh Garrels. I was not disappointed with how amazing it is. This guy is seriously talented, and very sincere. My favorite song is “Shepherd’s Song“, mmmhhh speaks to my mother’s heart.
- Emma had her pre-k Christmas program, and of course she was adorable especially in her beautiful red dress. I made mashed sweet potatoes for the potluck, and it looked like a pile of orange interestingness. Thankfully it tasted good! Why do yummy things look so unappetizing sometimes?
- I was given a bunch of Christmas decorations from my friend Gloria. She didn’t need them anymore and wanted to pass them on to me. What a blessing! She even gave me garland that fit perfectly down my stairs. It’s pretty fun to have stairs to decorate this year!
- Another friend of mine, Jeanne, gave us the perfect gift for a busy mom like me! She made gluten free Christmas cookies and sent them home with us plain, so that Ems and I could decorate them at home. It was so nice to be able to jump right to the fun part. I definitely suggest this idea for mom’s who have young kids.
- The kids and I watched White Christmas which is one of my favorites. Now all I have left for Christmas movies is to watch Serendipity. It isn’t technically a Christmas movie but pretty close! Who doesn’t love John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale in this? It makes me want to visit New York someday and go to Serendipity 3 (the cafe in the movie) for a frozen hot chocolate. Yum!
What’s been your favorite Christmas memory this far? I would love to hear! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and I hope you all have a wonderful Merry Christmas. May you enjoy time with your family and be reminded of the wonderful gift of Jesus Christ. His birth into our needy world, changed everything!
& Emma + Cole 🙂